TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Some recent pics of the track car
People Seeking Info

Subject Some recent pics of the track car

Posted by Turbodog (CT) on December 06, 2014 at 1:05 PM
  This message has been viewed 1324 times.

Message A few days ago I tried to post a pic from my picasa album using my phone and can't seem to get that working so I finally booted up the laptop and was able to get to the photo links. I don't understand why I can't get it to work from my phone but whatever

a couple pics of the roll cage for Jaffa (going back a few posts)
">

">

And some fender flares I have been working on so some larger rubber will fit. And the wheels are the same on all four corners so they can be rotated (18x10.5 zero offset)

">
">
I'm thinking about removing the stock fuel filler tube and using the passenger bulkhead for a remote filler location via the passenger window or rear hatch. This would leave equal room in the wheel well on both sides for 3" vent hoses to go from the rear quarter windows through the wheel wells down next to the shock then pointing at the rear brake calipers. The stock filler tube blocks this space on the drivers side. This pic also shows how the pinch welds in the window opening on the A-pillar have been smoothed. They were bugging me and it wasn't too hard to form a pc of sheet and cover them up for a cleaner look. I also did this to the B-pillar and flush mounted lexan for the rear quarters. And lightweight doors with dzus fasteners.
">
So i'm pretty sure i'm going to take the VG and put it back in my 93 so i can enojoy it on the road again after five years or so of it sitting with no motor. Then put an LS3 in the track Z with at Tremec TKO 5spd. I know I know... It's just that it's a more simple and cheaper motor to repair and parts are locally available if i need them at a track day somewhere far from home. Yes I'll lose power at the wheels but it should be lighter and help the overall balance of the car. And I think it will be easier to roll on the power out of the corners without having to correct when the boost comes on and wants to kick the back end out. Anyway, I have to get back on this thing and finish it up. Work has been too busy this summer to leave any energy to go out into the garage after dinner. The car was down all summer, gotta get it done for 2015!

Follow Ups

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.